- 7/23/22: Ali pushed a new Nifty Smashers build released — v0.32.2 (WebGL/Windows). This build features a 3-minute time limit added to all levels, fixed a bug where DEGENs were getting stuck in walls, increased bomb and banana cool-downs by 200ms and 100ms, bananas can now hit pouncing cats, and fixed a bug where a cat was able to evade bananas after pouncing. Check out the update in our Discord.
- Ship our next mini-game (WebGL and Windows)
- Ship Compete & Earn in Nifty Smashers (estimated for the week of 8/08/22)
- Continued work on Core Gameplay Loop for Niftyverse
- Continued work on 2D Animation System
- In an effort to decrease onboarding friction for new players we’ve launched an integration with the Cowswap API. You’ll now see a Call To Action (CTA) to Buy NFTL on the Rental Overview Dialog. If your NFTL Game Balance does not exceed the required amount for the Rental, you may purchase additional NFTL without leaving the Nifty League dashboard. This transaction is processed via the Cowswap API with lower gas fees than one might pay on CowSwap or SushiSwap’s website. While the flow is in no way friction-free yet (4 crypto-wallet dialogs will be triggered from your browser extension), we believe this is a step in the right direction to more easily onboard the next wave of gamers into our ecosystem.
- Nifty Morgan will publish a full Medium Post with a Loom video tutorial and screenshots next week after additional updates to the flow have been pushed to the frontend.
- We plan to make additional improvements to the CowSwap content in the Rental Overview flow (information regarding fees, disabling buttons that aren’t necessary in the flow, etc.) early next week. Our medium-term plan for decreasing activation friction within our ecosystem is to launch a direct fiat-to-NFTL onramp via our L2 partner(s)!
- Updates to the content and structure of our landing page niftyleague.com
- Support our next mini-game in-dashboard — game card, leaderboard, gamer profile, etc.
- Continued collaboration (Business Development, PR, Marketing) and smart contract development work with our L2 Partner.
Community & Marketing Updates
N. American Regionals concluded on 7/23/22
- 1st place went to Nasty who won 2 DEGENs (he graduated from a DEGEN renter to a DEGEN owner for the first time!) and 30k NFTL. 2nd place went to RealDeal who won a DEGEN and 20k NFTL. 3rd place went to Aplastador who won a DEGEN and 15k NFTL. The entire NFTL prize pool was community-funded from the the 5k NFTL tournament buy-in fee.
- Gospodar and SEIYA co-hosted our North American Regional Tournament stream on Twitch that made for a VERY entertaining 2-hour stream!
- RealDeal did a special Smashers stream on Twitch for the Compete & Earn announcement.
- Next Up: South America (we see you, Brazil! 🇧🇷👀). Join our Discord Server > Tournaments channel to follow along! A note below from Zoiby, our tournament maestro:
I hope you have trained, South America, because your time has come! It’s time to register for the 1st South American Regional Nifty League Tournament!
ENTRY FEE: 1000 NFTL (taken from game balance)
FIRST ROUNDS: July 30th to August 6th (BRT)
FINALS: August 6th or August 7th (may change based on the availability of finalists)
REGISTRATION LINK: https ://forms.gle/UNHrGFKCsXGhAxsT
- 7/27/22: Compete & Earn Trailer released. The community reacted BOLOISHly.
- 7/28/22: Nifty Morgan shared a handy Twitter thread on what to expect with Compete & Earn.
- 7/28/22: Hosted our bi-weekly Twitter Spaces where we shared more on our upcoming Game and Product Roadmap, integrations, and more. Listen to the recording.
- 7/29/22: In an initial effort to drive more value to DEGEN owners, the team has made the decision to increase the In-Game NFTL Earnings Share for DEGEN Owners. For all new DEGEN Rentals, Owners will receive 25%, Sponsors will receive 50%, and Recruits/Players will receive 25%. This equates to a 15% increase revenue share for the Owner. We pushed these changes live at 3pm PDT on 7/29/22. No changes have been made to the Weekly or Rental Fee Shares, Daily or Weekly Rental Fees, or In-Game Earnings Caps at this time. Link to the Twitter and Discord Announcements.
- In an effort to share arcane Smashers gameplay knowledge with our community and to fast-track players new to our game, SEIYA will be running bi-weekly 1 hour challenge events in our Discord on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3 pm CST. Players will be gallantly rewarded NFTL for each round they win against our reigning champion. Good luck!
- GTM for our new mini-game launch, including lots of fun lore!
- P&E tokenomics updates in preparation for Compete & Earn launch
- Rental feed expirement aimed at increasing the diversity of rented Common DEGENs
- Continued work with our NFT community collab for Nifty Smashers
- Continued work on Niftyverse partnership material and GTM planning
- Dr. Jeremy from team Aspen joins us in 2 weeks on our next Twitter Spaces to talk about their exciting new products
Happy Sunday, fam 💜
Team Nifty League